Thread: Spices
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

BTW... you'll need a second job if you toss and replace all your spices every year!. We saw some very small jars on vacation that were about $5.00 EACH.

I get most of my spices now at WalMart, but some of them are
getting pricey too!

I have a vertical rack that slants toward the wall, that I put them into head first. I bought it years ago with my Copco pots and pans. This is what it looks like:
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/1970...omb-spice-rack
I see now it is called "vintage" LOLOLOL Mine is deep blue.
It holds most narrow bottles that are made now, I don't used the bottles that came with it.
Here is a pic of what mine looks like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/black651/2308939495/

This keeps light out of them. Light, air, oxidize. And moisture causes caking or mold growth. My son used to make Thai dishes on vacation. You should see what grew in that ONE! YUK.

I keep a MrsDash lemon pepper, and the red pepper for most of my cooking. I use bay leaves, and they keep well. Curry and ginger, and nutmeg, stay very well too. I use Italian herb mixture and cilantro and keep it out of the light. I have some large containers and I keep those in a dark cupboard, always.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (11-05-2009)