View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 04:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry you're not getting any relief from the meds. Everyone's different and some meds may not work for everyone. None of the migraine stuff works for mine or my son's migraines. (In fact the migraine meds make us sick.)

My best defense against the pain (when its not too bad yet) is relaxation. Really, its the only thing that holds it off from getting all the way up to a 10, or more (I swear it's off the pain scale sometimes). I learned biofeedback and relaxation some years ago and relaxing the muscles in my face because of my migraines since I get no relief from meds.

If you have access to and interest in biofeedback training, I'd recommend it. I use the relaxation in conjunction with a meditation of acceptance (I accept the pain as part of me, just as I accept my eyes are green). It sounds simple, but if I can find a spot to relax and meditate when my pain is below a five I can get it to recede to a 1-2. If I'm at 8+ I can only get it down to a manageable 5-6, but with practice I find it works (for me).

I've had migraines (up to 5 days a week for months) for 25 years, TN pain for 5. No medicinal relief for either.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote