View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

The heaviest piece on a GoGo by Pride weighs 28 lbs. This type of mobility scooter has a good turning ratio and is ideal for your home or shopping. Go to a scooter store and see what might work for you.

The heaviest piece on my Pride Legend is 61 lbs. You can take it apart, but we do not. We have a ramp to run it into and out of our vehicle when we want to take it. That works really well. I bought mine for outside use. If I need something in the house or one to take along shopping, it would be a mobility scooter like a GoGo by Pride.

And yes, you would need some type of ramp if you have steps and want to take it outside. You do not need a specialized vehicle to load either a mobility scooter or an electric wheelchair. They fit nicely into a minivan or the like.

You should also be certain that wherever you buy the scooter from, that they service them. Otherwise, if you should have a problem, you might not find any place close to you that does service whatever brand you buy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote