View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default mestinon making weakness worse???

DesertFlower,
I agree with you that staying home is the ideal situation for those of us with MG. I wish that I could stay home too and symathize with your struggle with wanting to work but not feeling like it. It doesn't sound like your Dr. is very understanding of MG and how we can feel decent one day and terrible the next. Adding financial problems and stress to the mix makes it so much worse too. Is it possible to find another Dr. in your area who has more knowledge of what you are dealing with?

My Pulmo called me back today and took me off of the antibiotic. She said the weakness, dizziness and headaches are all side effects of the med and she is sure that is what is going on with me. She sent me for a CBC and I should get the results of that back tomorrow. I have had the twitches you mention, mostly in my eyes. I only take 60 mg 3 x a day so don't think mine is from taking too much. I think it is just one of the side effects.

As for adjusting my dosage I haven't played around with mine too much. When I first started it I was getting sick everyday so he took me off of it for 2 days and we restarted. He hasn't wanted me to go above 60 mg every 6 hours. Now that I am on the Prednisone I don't feel like I need anymore than what I take usually. One morning I felt especially weak and took 1 1/2 pills. I think that was too much for me. Good luck talking to your Dr. and I will be praying he will listen to you and your concerns. Try to take care of yourself!!!
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (11-06-2009)