View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Same boat...any answers?

I am also a 32 year old female, no kids but I work in bars & restaurants, so I am on my feet, reaching and carrying things on 12hr shifts, which I imagine is similar to keeping up with toddlers, complete with whining and complaining.

This past March I started having the most awful, unusual pain in my left shoulder blade area. It would move around under my arm by the end of the day and eventually got so bad that I couldn't put a shirt on over my head. i thought maybe I pulled a muscle so I went for a massage, and another and another. No help. The pain then seemed to move down into my right lower back and all the way down my leg. It became debilitating. Lying down didn't help, I could never get comfortable, Percocet did little for the discomfort and stretching felt good in the moment but once I stopped the pain took over again.

Many doctors and many tests later, I have an MRI report that states small left paracentral T6-7 disk herniation mildly deforming the ventral cord surface. I did several morphine shots when the pain got so bad but truthfully they offered little relief. I was scheduled for an epidural but chickened out. Did yours help? I have not done PT yet, no doc prescribed it, can you believe that, but am seeking it out now 8 painful months later, on my own. What kind of doctor is treating you?

I just wanted to know what or where you are at in your treatment as yours is the closest I have come to seeing a similar situation and someone to relate to. All the months of discomfort have caused additional problems. I stand, sit and sleep funny, contorting my body to alleviate the pressure into positions that are not normal, which has in turn caused neck pain, foot pain, knee pain. A one-time rock climbing, weight lifting, lifeguard I have become so weak from being sedentary that my muscles can barely hold me up with out tiring quickly. In desperation I turned to acupuncture and it has actually helped more than any of the drugs I've taken but it is in no way a permanent solution. The other day I realized that I can't remember what it was like not to hurt so bad.

I must sound very sorry for myself, and I know you are not a doctor but maybe your experience can help lead me in a direction as I am feeling adrift in the medical sea, frustrated and discouraged.

Hoping the best for you, and me, both.
Abby
DownLowNY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote