View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi1965 View Post
Great! That is just what I need. I am really careful when I go out because I kind of figured we would fall into the high risk group. Sadly, they are only giving the vaccine to babies and seniors in our area. I'm just using the Germex like crazy.
Here is what I have observed:

The "general idea" is that children and seniors are the high-risk groups, so that is how they limit when there is a "public" vaccine clinic. It is easy for the screeners to look at someone and decide they are very young or very old.

It is also easy for a "healthy" person to masquerade as someone in other high-risk groups, like someone with a compromised immune system. The screeners would have a hard time making that judgment call. So, I can understand that the public immunization clinics are run this way. Ditto for anything that is run through chain drugstores. Their screeners need to be able to make a call without having everyone’s health history. Can you imagine the outrage if a healthy-looking middle aged person was in line to get a shot? We don’t have signs on our foreheads announcing that we are in a high-risk group.

You would be better off checking with your own doctor’s office to get the injection. They will have your records and know that you are at risk and qualify.

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (11-06-2009)