View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default supreme court case in kentucky

I myself live in Kentucky and have been battling CRPS and this AMA guidelines B.S., like everyone else, for two years now, and, even now. I cannot tell/express the feeling of relief, nor the number of tears that fell yesterday, when I went to another IME (a year after benefits have been cut off, just another extension of litigation) and the doctor said I had 7, not 8 findings. Because of that case, that was just published, and set a precendent for all other RSD/CRPS cases that come after it, my fears, all of the emotions of knowing I was "right" and the insurance companies were or could get off the hook, could evaporate. Luckily for me, this decision couldn't have come out at a better time (right in the middle of my litigation...the defense had to ask for 90 day extension of time because of it). I know how fortunate I am to be living in Kentucky with this new Supreme Court decision paving the way to my worker's comp case and it's conclusion. It gives me hope , or more hope than I have had in a long time, and, it makes me more of a believer in justice (a word I used to laugh at). While this may be just case law here in Kentucky at present, I guarantee other states will follow in its tracks. It might start with neighboring states (ie Indiana, Ohio, Illinois), and Social Security judges seeing what Kentucky law is and seeing how much common sense it makes. But, for those who do not live in Kentucky, do whatever you can to advocate, to have a voice, to shove this case, and its rationale any and everywhere you can. Make people (attorneys/ legislators, etc.) listen to you. Never stop fighting is the biggest message not only NOW, but even in this court case itself. It shows what happens when you never stop fighting. The individual involved in this case has been going through litigation and awaiting a decision for 4 years. That's just a fight the individual was fighting IN LITIGATION ITSELF...the CRPS was present well before that (which we all know is a fight in and of itself). So, we owe this case, and the individual and representing counsel our thanks for their fight for what was right, just, and fair. And, in so doing, the fight has paved the way for change, justice, and, so I HOPE, the motivation to encourage all of you, wherever you may live, to fight for this change as well. Much love,
Sara
jcrewrockstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-06-2009), fmichael (11-06-2009), Sandel (11-06-2009), SandyRI (11-08-2009)