Thread: HELP - itching
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update - getting worse

Well it was back to the ER yesterday as the home health IV did not get it together to bring out IV meds for pain control.

ER doctor did write new RX for itching - will try it. No new meds have been added lately (he seems to get this itch with a flare - and this one has been major - going to the head/face/chest/neck/back).

Yesterday it looks like it has now flared in the left lower leg and foot. It is bright red/hot - with small and large water blisters. The R leg and foot have little swelling and all the great CRPS colors.

The ER dr and wound clinic had no clue as to what to do for the left leg/foot. I could wrap the lower leg - but no way can touch his feet or wrap them (and doing the leg would only make the foot worse).

I guess I am just venting - this is such a puzzle and I feel like there is not much I can do to help. The only good thing is that all the Dr's, nurses, medics and PT/OT therpaist are getting some good training on RSD/CRPS.
He is going throught the acceptance process with the help of a phycarist and a clinical psychologist.

Again, thank all of you for your help.
sailmaker510 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (11-06-2009)