View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DesertFlower, hehehehe -- bugs LOVE Tennessee!! It wouldn't matter WHAT variety of pumpkins I planted. But, I am going to look into alternatives to control them. I NEVER use pesticides. We have very few organic farmers in Tennessee BECAUSE of the bug problems -- but, we have the greenest grass and trees you have ever seen -- and never a water shortage.

Here is the Soc Sec definition of disability for MG:

11.12 Myasthenia gravis. With:

A. Significant difficulty with speaking, swallowing, or breathing while on prescribed therapy; or

B. Significant motor weakness of muscles of extremities on repetitive activity against resistance while on prescribed therapy.

If you HAVE this degree of difficulty, and your doctor won't support you, you need to find another doc!!!

I "personally" believe that MG does "best" when you don't work. But, if you are young -- like under 40 -- Soc Sec is probably going to "fight" with you. I hate that. When I was at the "big ten" teaching hospital, there was a young nurse -- 28 years old -- who had MG. She had a thymectomy, PEX, IVIG, Prednisone, Cellcept -- NOTHING was working -- she was using a CANE -- and was walking like a 90 yr old woman. It made me want to CRY! Soc Sec denied her OVER and OVER -- she was about to go before a judge. No one could figure out why EXCEPT for the fact that she was so young. Her doctor FULLY supported her application -- even wrote pages and pages of EXTRA notes.

Of course, applying for disability is a MAJOR STRESS in and of itself. *sigh*
jana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (11-06-2009)