View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Disability & Bugs

Jana - thanks for the Soc Sec definition of disability for MG. I have read it and I suppose I am borderline...some days I have problems speaking (A) and other days I just can't do anything repetitive at all (B) but other days I can work and be somewhat "normal". I guess this is what my doctor was referring to, is that in his opinion I won't be able to get disability so he did not want to discuss it.

Honestly I don't really want to be on disability, I just want to be able to live and not stress about money. I live on a small budget as it is and I don't spend a lot of money, nor do I want to, but I am spending more than I earn right now. I am a simple person when it comes to wanting things. (Sunshine and flowers and nature are more important to me than having nice clothes or a new gadget or watching television) I am in the process of considering all of my options and disability is one of those options. If I did get disability, I would have the goal of getting off of it as soon as I figure out how to increase my income slightly or figure out how to take my medicine differently so I have less weakness. I do have other options, but energy is needed to start any of my options and extra energy is not existant.

I love bugs! When I was a kid I kept pet crickets, beetles, grasshoppers and more under my bed as pets. My sister thought it was creepy. You are probably right about bugs in Tennessee, best to try planting other plants nearby that are natural pesticides. I imagine if you look into it you can find some natural way to grow them. The bugs here in Tucson are great - tarantulas, scorpions and big colorful grasshoppers and of course the huge variety of butterflies & moths. I love them all. I try to have a garden where all the creatures can live. There are at least 20 tarantulas in my garden - we (my family) go spidering (like fishing) with a string on a stick to tease the tarantulas out of their burrow sometimes (not too much since we like the tarantulas). Send the bugs this way and the tarantulas will eat them all.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote