View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:38 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlevitt View Post
I am confused about a rheumatologist versus a pediatric pain clinic Dr. do I see both?
If you know your daughter has rsd, you may want to call the rheumatologist, and ask if s/he treats it (rsd). If he doesn't, you may want to ask for a recommendation, of some doctor who does.

Are you near a good University Hospital? If so, you may want to call their neurology department ask for the chief of neurology, and ask if he treats rsd? (I completely agree with Loretta, a neurologist is the way to go, but be careful to find a knowledgeable one!)

Seriously, it's time for you to find / choose a doctor who will be the "lead" doctor for your daughter.

I was diagnosed by Dr Schwartzman in Philly, who is now doing the Ketamine Coma's in Germany. I now see his ex partner, for almost 20 years, and he takes care of directing everything for me. I of course would recommend either of them, but they can take quite a while to see. As for Dr Schwartzman, the ketamine coma is controversial, and expensive (not covered by insurance. There is probably more info on rsdsa.org )
(That's just FYI)

The reason I say what I do, is, your daughter may need some medication, while she gets to some good physical therapy.
This is a "Use it or Lose" type of disease, wether it's cured or not.

Of course, we're all pulling and praying for a cure!

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (11-06-2009), SandyS (11-06-2009)