Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Mestinon, dizziness & water

Kendra,
This is interesting. I do feel nervous like you described. I thought it was my PSTD (post traumatic stress disorder) acting up again even though I had it under control. I am pretty sure the shaking (not always visible) and dizziness is from the Mestinon since I am not taking any other medicines and the timing makes sense (it starts about 20 minutes after taking 60 mg of Mestinon and stops after 1 hr or so).

This morning I took 1/2 pill with no shaky/dizzy/nervousness and 4 hours after I took another 1/2 and I did feel a little shaky/dizzy and nervous too, but not as much as usual with the whole pill. Maybe I need to go a little longer between half doses. Now I am relaxing today since I don't feel so great and that may make me need a little less Mestinon. This is my first day with the 1/2 pill thing so I will continue it and let you know how I am doing sometime in about 1 week. It is hard to judge the effects of medicine with 1 day only. I am writing down the results of my 1/2 pill experiment until I find a dosage and timing that works best.

I don't like this shaky/dizzy feeling or the nervousness that I see now may be the Mestinon as well. But I will live with it if that is what it takes since it is better than being bedridden.

I will pay attention to the timing of the nervousness since I am not sure when it happens only that I have been feeling nervous since I started Mestinon. I though it was just the added stresses that go along with MG making me get PTSD again.

Water helps I am sure of that...going to get more water right now. The shakiness and dizziness I think can be caused by dehydration and not enough water to the kidneys.

Something as simple as taking a pill can become so complicated, it actually makes me laugh.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
Desertflower,
I have exactly the same symptoms in the morning!!! The shaking and dizziness is scary!!! Do you also feel nervous and anxious like you are in overdrive? I really thought these symptoms were related to the antibiotic I was on but i have been off of it for 3 days and still feel this way every morning. I had a CBC done yesterday and know if everything there comes back fine it HAS to be the Mestinon. I think I am like you and do better with less and don't seem to need it at night. I take my first dose late morning but by 2:00 I can definitely tell I need my second dose. I start getting very weak feeling.

I am going to work on drinking more water. I think that may be part of my problem. Maybe that will help with some of the shakiness and dizziness. Thanks for the tip!!!
Kendra

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote