Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by befuddled2 View Post
Thank you Jo,

The question I have about system restore is that it will take me back to before my brother installed Micro Trend so that would be uninstalled right? He also installed a keyboard that someone else says could have a short in it. I emailed my brother tonight about the Micro Trend since he paid for it and installed it. I don't know what he'll need to do.

Oh yea. When I go to Yahoo, I am always getting a message saying I've entered a dangerous website and to close the brower.

No it won't mess up any installed program or saved programs or files - it just takes the windows system itself back to how it was on the date you roll it back too.

It's hard to explain but I have used it many times when something "happened" to make my computer act weird and it always worked until I did have the virus/bug problem that messed up the hard drive and messed up some of the windows system files.
That was why I bought a new drive and put the win xp on to it and just use the old one as a back up.

If you go into the settings or options on the Micro Trend - you can probably set it to accept/allow the Yahoo site without giving you that warning.
I'm using Mcafee and the preset settings were popping up notices all the time- so I disabled most of those.

Or is it the browser giving the warning? you can go into the tools or options on it also and set it to allow certain websites.