View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Tyson,

Yeap...I'm 26...It really does suck to have this, for sure...Last night, I experienced my first-ever, full-blown ptosis in my left eye...Since i've developed this disease, I've had a weak face, weak tongue, weak palate, weak neck and chest, weak fingers, wrists and arms, problems keeping my eyes closed all the way, but I never experienced the ptosis without it being super sunny out or something...Then last night, I was super tired, and felt sorta flu-ie, and I got it in my left eye- I even took a picture of it with my cellphone because I looked so bizarre...lol...I've been feeling really weak this past week, so I think I'm in need of a plasma exchange as well, especially after reading your good reaction to it...The last time I had it, I felt so strong afterwards, although I had sorta a bad reaction during one of the procedures, but my strength lasted up until a bit recently- that was about 2-months ago...

I've had all the weakness that I described up there, other than the recent-ptosis and slurred/nasal speech, for a very long time, but it wasn't as bad as it had become in Dec. of last year, severity-wise...I thought that I was just really tired, so I think I compensated for it for many years...

But you know what? I think that you are going to do just fine! You are young, healthy (other than maybe the MG, of course), athletic, and I just have a feeling that your thymectomy will really help turn things around for you, it'll just take a bit of time....

Do you know what I wish? I wish that our antibodies would attack receptors that we might not miss so much...Like, do I really need my baby toes? Not so much. I could maybe lure the antibodies onto them with a smudge of peanut butter (do antibodies like peanut-butter? I hope.). I'd be able to say a paragraph without sounding like David Hasselhoff after a few, and my baby toes would be fatigued often. That's alright. lol

But anyway, I think you'll be feeling better very soon...You just went through major surgery, so you're going to feel weak regardless...Give it a bit of time, and always feel free to talk about how things are going for you here...It's good to have others to relate to, and share with!

I wish you lots of luck!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote