Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The tremors, especially if they are one sided could be related to a lingering neck injury. Drugs or concussion could make the tremors more obvious but the left side only issue sounds like a neck (cervical) nerve issue. The leaning could also be connected to a cranial nerve issue, specifically cranial nerve VIII (8).

A chiropractor may be able to help you with the cervical nerve issue if it is a causative factor. You might be surprise by what a chiropractor can help you with. Many concussion patients also suffer from cervical vertebra problems that go undiagnosed.

You want to find a conservative chiropractor who is skilled at low impact neck treatments. Not all chiropractors are trained the same so there can be a vast difference between their skill sets.

Like Soccer, I also wonder why you have to wait for the results of your ImPACT test. The software should give a test result at completion. Keep in mind that the ImPACT test is not a complete diagnostic tool. It is used to observe trends, such as before injury, just after injury, and at later times after injury. It needs the pre-injury data to effectively indicate symptoms. If the pre-injury data is not available, then a later follow-up ImPACT test can show whether there is an improvement in symptoms since the first after injury ImPACT test.

Unless the ImPACT test has a newer more extensive reference database for comparison, it will only show a range of dysfunction. It could be used as a preliminary test to indicate a need for a more extensive neuro-psychological assessment.

Please be very cautious about using it as a guide for return to play or risky activity. It does not indicate anything about the brain's tolerance for another impact. Considering your two prior concussions, I am not surprised at your current struggles. You now qualify as having Multiple Impact Syndrome by my understanding.

Did your school or league order the ImPACT test? This would be a common occurrence. Often at the request of their insurance company. If they did, I would recommend finding an attorney for some counsel. Insurance companies often request these tests to build their defense against liability. www.gordonjohnson.com would be a good place to look for a referral and other valuable information.

Print this post out and show it to your parents. You need good counsel. Your future is at stake.

If you feel the need to message me privately with more details or questions, I will respond. I am concerned for you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote