Thread: cymbalta ???
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Cymbalta

Sabimax,

I am new to this sight. I take Cymbalta for depression, due to other medical issues that I have been having, not to mention that my boyfriend has PPMS.

First of all, for depression, I love it! I use to cry at the drop of a hat, for no good reason. Everything seemed to be piling up on me, with my health conditions, and my boyfriend's ms. Since I have taken Cymbalta, I feel in control of things again. My family and friends have noticed the difference. It has helped my Restless Leg Syndrom, and has also helped my Fibro Myalgia pain. What ever you do, DO NOT stop taking it suddenly without telling your doctor. I ran out and missed 3 days, and got very ill. I was told that it could have been worse for me if I went any longer.

You also mentioned Baclophen for spasticity. My boyfriend has the pump implanted and gets a steady dose into his spine. It has done wonders. This time about 2 yrs ago he was almost wheelchair bound. The pump has him walking again. He goes to the MS Clinic at Ohio State. They are great! I don't know where you are from, but I would ask your doctor about the Baclophen Pump. You only have to have it refilled every 6 mths, and it is pretty easy for them to do. It is amazing the things they can do

If you have any questions about the pump, you can email me anytime.
Good luck!
jsheets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-16-2009)