View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hydrotherapy?

someone pointed me to the web site ** . From that site I realized that PT and at home , we should no longer be icing her foot. PT was always icing her foot adn that is probably why she always hurt more afterwards. I know get it.
I got very worried last night when laying in bed just swinging her leg (aka bending at the knee ) caused pain. She say that the "wind" on her foot hurt. The good news is that because she sometimes walks on her heel, the leg does get used sometimes.
My daughter responds well with the foot in warm/hot water. so we put her foot in a bathtub and I got a soft sponge out. I was able to get to rest her foot on the sponge a small bit. today, my friend is allowing me to use her hottub. since its normally off, we can make it not as hot as normal. It will be in teh high 60's here. It seems that if my daughter response well to water, its worth it going that route.
Like any other disease or condition, it seems that "knowledge is key" and we need to , as parents or patients, take matters into our own hands. I am trying to stop blaming myself. I let her get casted; thank goodness I fought the PA and said only 10 days not 3 weeks ! When she did not want to do PT, I did not push her hard enough.
sdlevitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-07-2009), loretta (11-07-2009), Sandel (11-07-2009)