Thread: How Do You Cope
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm with Burkle on the whole "cure of the month club" thing. Like he said, if it happens, we'll hear about it!

I cope by eating right, working out 5 days a week, and surrounding myself with positive people. People who are always negative or who can't seem to find the good in anything are not the kind of people I choose to be around.

I am active in the PD community. It's like therapy for me. I joined PAN and will be going to DC this February for the first time. I attend the NPF young-onset conferences. I run a young-onset support group in my area. And I go out and speak about PD to schools, colleges, medical facilities, community groups, and anywhere else I can. Education, advocacy, and awareness is my goal. The more people that know about PD and what it is only helps us all in the long run.

But I also make sure to not let PD and PD-related events or activities consume my life. I laugh and play and do other things. In other words, I live my life. PD may have certainly modified things a bit, and on some days a lot, but if I wallow in that, then I'm selling myself short and I don't personally choose to live that way.

Hang in there...

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote