View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 03:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJoe View Post
You can also use a tens unit in water, like a rebuilder to increase the effectiveness if it s for your feet or hands, which in your case I know its not. Use either a divided bucket or two seperate buckets and put one lead in each section or bucket. Put epsom salts in the water.
Look at the Rebuilder site ( www.rebuildermedical.com ) for what the divided bucket looks like. I've seen them in Walmart for about $5.00. I use a rounded tablespoon of epsom salts to each side, and enough warm water (not hot) to cover my feet. In the summer you can use cool water. I've had a physical therapist treat a swollen running injury with TENS and ice water.

Sessions should be about 1/2 hour each. I wouldn't do more than 2 a day. The power level should be very noticable but not at all painful. The goal is to stimulate and soothe the nerves and muscles for pain relief and to promote healing, not irritate them.

After each session, I pat dry the skin and gently massage with skin creme. Anything soothing and protective will work.