Thread: new annie
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches217 View Post
Hi everyone,
I had my angiogram and the surgeons say that my aneurysm is inoperable.
Actually the exact words were, " Sorry to tell you this but yer screwed"
That was really nice bedside manner, huh? Geesh. Anyway the aneurysm is an 8.5 x 6 on the top of the basilar artery. There are 5 arteries feeding into it. So I guess its what you call a fusiform? I dont know. They just said it's inoperableand hard to get to. I dont really know what to do and what not to do so it wont rupture. He just chuckled and said Dont be bunji jumping now..What a jerk. He was my second opinion. I'm so scared everyday. I also have hydrocephalus that cant be treated. They say I was born with it. I also had a stroke in the past that I knew nothing about. I'm just thankful to God every morning when I wake up. They said I could live to be 70 or die in my sleep tonight. Cant tell me anything else. Does anyone else have an aneurysm like this one and if so, Did you get it fixed? I have 2 Girls and a wonderful husband and I dont wanna leave them. I cry all the time, have headaches, and memory loss, and cant concentrate. Are these associated with the aneurysm? My headaches are sometimes unbearable but the doctors say aneurysms have no symptoms. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Cheri
Cheri,

That sort of bedside manner is disgusting!
I would certainly seek more opinions.
I say this because I have a 12mm basilar artery aneurysm and I'm having my angiogram on 20th Nov.
I've had the CT angio and they said the aneurysm is in a difficult place and has a very wide neck.
I live in rural Australia and am under a neuro who is top in the field of endovascular.
Like you, I'm scared he may say the risk is too great to operate but my sister died aged 26 yrs when hers ruptured.
I don't know what's worse........taking the risk of surgery or walking around with a time bomb?

I hope you find someone who can give you better news. Don't give up!

Sam
Bonniebank is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote