Thread: Prednisone
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Scrubbs!

I have all the same issues that you describe with the prednisone. I haven't really gained weight, but my stomach does seem to have an extra 3" of fat on it. I also have a ginormous face, with a bit of neck fat in the front and the seedlings of the buffalo hump. I've also noticed that the hair around the crown of my face is becoming darker sorta, or thicker, hard to tell...I've also got some acne, which I never really went through before...My blood sugar also goes way up from time-to-time...

I also experience increased pressure around my sinus area...I don't know if it's from the swelling in my face, but I've noticed that when the swelling is particularly bad, I have this pressure...Could also be from my weak palate...

I'd actually really like to get off of this...I don't see it helping me much...I's helped me a lot in terms of developing Cushing's syndrome, but not much with the MG...In fact, I've noticed more muscle weakness in my legs and arms since taking this and slightly worse breathing problems, but that could just be from the flu season...

I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better, Scrubbs! In which areas do you notice the most increase in strength?

Ttys!
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote