View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Loretta,
I also have had the scs. in fact I've had 2. The first one needed to be replace after a year, and the 2nd one only lasted a couple of weeks before I developed MRSA infections. I loved the trial, and was ok with the scs. It turned out the leads moved, and the battery which was in my right butt cheek, rotated around. that is why I had to have the 1st one replaced. I'm now going to get the pain pump trial. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks. I still don't have anything bad to say about the scs. I just decided that the pain pump would be a better match for me. I ride horses, and with the scs, I wasn't going to be able to do that again. Alot more restirctions with the scs then the pump. You have to make sure that hubby doesn't try and do to much for the first couple of months. I don't care how good he says he feels, he's not to bend, stretch, pick up anything heaver then a gallon of milk. If you don't follow the instructions at the beginning, you will be setting yourself up for more surgery, as the leads will move b efore the become scared in. Make sure he listens. I'd be glad to answer any question syou may have. If you want to PM me, I'll answer anything honestly. There were some questions that I couldn't ask, and I wish I had.

Hugs
Mary
rsdwife (11-14-2009)