View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accu200 View Post
A combination of arthritis and a bad fall caused pain and reduced mobility.Two orthopedic doctors recomended knee replacement .If anybody has experienced this operation and could give me informatiion. It would be helpful
I've had three. (one to correct a broken femur caused by a misplaced prosthetic in the second knee. My advice is to wait as long as you can. It is not a simple operation and the number and degree of things that can go wrong is endless. I had the first two done at the same time (big mistake) and the third a year later. Now I have one leg an inch longer than thee other which has caused no end of problems. I was trying to get to where I could walk while I still could and after three years the walking is worse than ever.

if you do decide to get it done tell your doctor you will handle your parkinson's meds yourself. Frequently regular staff do not understand the importance of getting the meds on time. I have not had any of ny Dr.s object.

Good luck whatever you decide and read the consent form, there are many serious risks that they tend to gloss over.
pkell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote