Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

So, Have you and your parents established any criteria for determining when you can return to playing sports?

Have you considered what kind of sports will be acceptable considering your concussion history?

Has your doctor made any comments about sports or academic efforts?

These areas will all be impacted by your concussion history, especially since this last concussion has been so symptomatic.

I am interested in your thought processes as you consider these ideas.

I wish I had a better understanding of the meaning of my symptoms when I was your age. When I was your age, I had recently suffered my third concussion and it devastated my grade point average. I struggled for years as I tried to understand what my symptoms were and meant. My sense of failure was very frustrating.

I could not make sense of why I could go from top performing to struggling to get by in just a few months time. I would be able to recover somewhat but not know how to avoid another relapse. I has only been in the last ten years that I have had access to the information available on the internet that helped me understand my symptoms. Even then, it took me a few years to put it all together.

You have opportunities to overcome much of your current and future symptoms by being proactive about your future.

I hope you have the patience and wisdom to consider your future thoughtfully.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote