View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I forgot to say - I think it was Novacaine he used. Is that the non adrenaline type one ?

I have had a reaction to atropine eye drops before after a routine eye exam. I was very weak for hours and at my last visit refused to have them again ( staff tried to make me) and he got very angry with me.

The day of my Tensilon Test I felt terrible after and the Neuro and his two 'clowns' he had dragged into the consult with him - all just left me immediately ( after the negative result) and I was left to stumble my way out of a large and near empty public hospital, catch a bus and find the car and drive 150km home. I still believe that he was very unprofessional to have put me through that 'circus'. It was very lucky I did not crash the car. He had not told me he was booking me in for a tensilon test - just the EMG or else I would have not taken the car. The tensilon test was done immediately after the EMG where I developed a bad reaction and had to have a mega dose of cortisone - so the Tensilon Test was then done with mega cortisone ..

I have a new Neuro now but it has taken 18 months extra time.

I cannot get a Dr to care... They only see me for 10 mins and I appear alright to them they say. They do not follow me home and see how I struggle and can have good days and bad days.

X
xanadu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote