View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 04:18 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

That was a good one Cheri.

I had to drive out to Indiana one day, but my car had been acting up. I was really scared because it was very cold outside, and I didn't have a cell phone.

As I was about to enter the toll way, I said a prayer to God. It was my usual vague prayer asking that he give me no more than I can handle. I learned not to specify because he seems to know what's best for me. What I want isn't always what's best for me.

About a mile or so along the toll way, my car breaks down in the left lane. I managed to get it to the shoulder, but not completely. I put on my hazard lights, stayed in the car and tried to remain calm. Then I looked into the mirror and panicked - there was a bend behind me and traffic couldn't see my car until they were right on top of me.

I decided to get out and wait on the shoulder, but then I realized what part of the neighborhood I was in. I saw a group of young men at a nearby park that should either be in school or at work and realized my vulnerability.

Boy was I mad. You should have seen me out there yelling at God, lol. "Thanks a lot, DAD"

A few minutes later a tow-truck pulls up. He takes us back to his shop near our home and gave me a ride home. He's honest and trustworthy, and he's been our mechanic ever since.

I had a good laugh when I got home. I handled it okay, I was unharmed, and apparently I needed a good mechanic too.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote