View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi BF,

That empty feeling creeps up on all of us from time to time. Although no words can make it better, it can be reassuring to know that it's a normal feeling and that it's going to go away. Deliberately occupy yourself with something... a book, magazine, take a walk, google something that interests you and delve into it for a little while. The distraction can help ease the loneliness.

As a distraction for myself, I subscribe to a few beautiful magazines that allow me to get lost in their content. One is called Coastal Living, another is called Sunset and another is called Simple Living. They help me to remove myself from the (negative or unsettling) place that I physically feel to a place that emotionally feels beautiful, calm and safe. The good thing about a book or magazine is that you can easily take it with you wherever you go.

I have a big oversized chair in my bedroom that sits in front of a window. When I feel unsettled, I sit in that chair with my magazine and get lost for awhile. Doesn't matter what time of the day or night it is or what the weather is outside....... it is my comfort place........ and the distraction can be very rejuvenating

BF.... you know when you reach out here your hand will be held.... so you're really never alone..... ~'.'~

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I feel this empty feeling inside. I feel so alone. BF
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (11-08-2009), Brokenfriend (11-08-2009), GmaSue (11-09-2009), Koala77 (11-11-2009), Twinkletoes (11-08-2009)