View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Apparently some of you never suffered from the chemical imbalance of clinical depression, as I did, along with an anxiety disorder. My Neuro (Also a Psychciatrist) informed me that MS can be a direct cause of this chemical imbalance and can only be treated effectively with meds (ADs)
Sally, I had been diagnosed, at one time, with clinical depression.

I spent quite a few years on ADs and without them I have no doubt I would not be around to discuss this. I have not been on an AD for a few years, mine was not MS related.

Emotions? Yes, I cry and it is to the point of not being able to hide the tears from my family and I gave up trying. I am not depressed and have a Psychiatrist that will agree.

I deal with Post-Traumatic Disorder (PTSD) which includes dealing with anxiety and panic attacks.

I am in therapy and have been for awhile. MS, at this time does not even play into my emotions.

I suggest anyone who is dealing with depression for whatever reason seek medical help - but not everyone who is emotional or cries is depressed. It's best to have a doctor, preferably a Psychiatrist decide if you are depressed or not.
dmplaura (11-12-2009), ewizabeth (11-14-2009), SallyC (11-08-2009)