View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nikko.

A little bird asked me to come in here. She told me about your alopecia. My son-in-law has that though at this time he has a full head of hair again. Stress, in my opinion, brought on several problems for him. Not the least of which is dilated cardiomyopathy. And he's only 30.

Anyway, about the alopecia. He also had all of the injections, and I'm sure they are helpful. But I wanted to tell you about a really good product that you can only buy in beauty/hair salons. It's called 'Nioxin'. It was originally formulated for people going into chemotherapy treatment.

Now its sold to the general public (has been for some time) and consists of several different types of products. He went to someone I know who lives and breathes Nioxin. He invested in several of the products. His hair came back brilliantly. He still uses it on a daily basis.

I love it's products just for general use. It's really good for thinning hair. A girlfriend of mine always had thin hair. About 10 years ago I turned her on to Nioxin and she hasn't used anything since.

I'm not claiming it's a miracle cure, but it sure can't hurt. Might help keep the bald spots at bay. They don't claim to regrow hair. It's just a great scalp therapy. My favorite product is the 'rinse' which is called Scalp Therapy. I love the minty smell. Nioxin web site

I can say for myself that when I started using it, I saw almost immediately a drastic reduction in the amount of hair in the sink or tub or shower, whatever, after shampooing.

Anyway, the little bird asked if I'd stop by and tell you about my son-in-law's experience. That alopecia is very naughty and can be very humiliating. It did humiliate my son-in-law, I felt so bad when it first happened. He had large spots all over his head and they even started in his sideburns and beard.

And this is a kid with a very thick head of gorgeous hair. I think the combination of the injections and the scalp treatment helped him.

Take care. Hugs.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill

Last edited by Doody; 01-12-2007 at 05:29 PM.