Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, I only go to the bathroom a lot WHEN I drink a lot. My bp has always been low. Since I've had MG -- and my bad experiences with the BIG TEN neuros -- I've had "white coat" high bp -- not REALLY high -- more like 140/85 or so. But, that is ONLY when I am IN the doctor's office -- all other times, it is 100/70 to 90/60. In my twenties, I would get so dizzy/faint from squatting or kneeling -- couldn't figure it out -- got my own bp machine. Have checked my own bp regularly ever since.

I have HUGE veins -- like MAN-sized veins. Not sure if that has something to do with it. The veins on my hand and feet look like small ropes. I used to give blood regularly -- the nurses/techs would fight over me!

BTW, I LOVED giving blood -- it made me feel GREAT. I even mentioned this to my neuro --- and finally talked him into letting me try this as a "treatment". He set up an appointment with an oncologist/hemotologist -- who went WACKO -- and thought I was INSANE -- and said that the ONLY way he would even consider such a request was to HOSPITALIZE me -- and that my insurance would NOT cover the cost!! Needless to say, it didn't happen. But, I swear -- I was still giving blood up until my dx -- and I was having symptoms for at least 2 years prior to dx.