View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiannonsMoon View Post
There are few things worse than chronic pain. I ended up at the ED with it not that long ago. I pleaded with my partner to right hook me, king hit me, make me unconscious, stop the pain under any circumstances...he wouldn't.

After the pain I've had through illness, I thought nothing could be more painful...but nothing prepared me for the excrutiating agony of chronic pain. It isn't something I actually "Suffer" with because it has only just happened to me. It's a situation where anxiety & panic combined with fibromyalgia and stress just pounded me into the ground and my ribs collapsed (closed down on muscles & tissues) trapping my nerves.

I never want it to happen ever again. I thought peritonitis and childbirth was bad..uh uh!

So you those of you who suffer with chronic pain have my complete empathy. I had sympathised with you before the bout I had...but now its genuine empathy, and I do feel anxious for your next attack...
And it's not always as bad as what you experienced.
Even a constant ache or soreness that just doesn't stop can really wear you down, mentally and physically.
You are never free.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (11-09-2009)