View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Denise View Post
Rest is the key with a good pair of sun glasses. Try getting a stick on eye patch and wear it whe you can to rest the eye. Is one eye worse than the other.... I get double vision with very tired eyes. If I do not rest and am rundown I have serious vision issues due to MG. How do you find light... I like things dimmer more relaxed on the eyes even in the home. Snow is the worst when driving and headlights at night on a bad day cause problems. Try resting one eye at a time. It works for me. I get totaly upset when my eyes are not working causes stress and only makes it harded to get back on track.Double vision lots. If I close my eyes for a rest it makkes it harder to get the single vision. Head tiliting at times is helpful to make it home.If you cant pull out of the double vision, cover one eye and it will be single. All this is very scary, I have had this off and on for twenty years. Rest those eyes, and get rid of stress, or you may have an illness comeing on. Take Care hope this help....Mother of three thought only I felt this. Winter to Summer also pose problems...Would liike to learn more .....Thanks Lori
Welcome, Lori Denise!! Holy cow, twenty years is a long time to be struggling with this.

You gave some terrific advice. My eyes are always worse when there is bright sun out, my eyebrow falls and my eye muscles don't cooperate and my vision is blurry. I just didn't have the presence of mind to put on the sunglasses. Next time I will. Actually next time I'll put on sunglasses and pull over and call and get some help.

Do you have purely ocular mg? Or is it generalized mg. I can't imagine driving in the snow with that kind of challenge. Around here, everything just shuts down and we all make hot cocoa to hand out to the masses of cold neighborhod kids running through our houses on their way back up to the top of the hill for a nice slide down again. Ya, I know what you're thinking and it's true: we're snow wimps. It sure is a fun time though!

Ally
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote