View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
I am not a dentist. I am a dental assistant with 30 years of dental experience. It is always wise to seek a second and often a third orthodontic opinion prior to consenting to any treatment. There are many ways to correct your problem and every orthodontist specializes in what they are most comfortable doing. It is not realy possible for you to make an educated decision unless you are acquire some other options.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Bryanna
Maybe you can give me some advice. I had 6 dental implants put in my upper jaw last June 2008 and 2 on my lower jaw. I had all teeth removed and the implants placed by a maxillifacial dentist. All is well with my implants - no complications. I thought it would be good to go with a removable denture since the fixed denture is so expensive. To this day, the removable denture is not completely in place. Had three sets made - not one is comfortable or looks nice - very gummy. I am considering a fixed denture now since I am so upset that I am embaress to talk to anyone. I would like to know if this is normal for a removalbe denture to have so much gum (my gums never showed before) and if I spend the money on a fixed denture - does any gum show at all. My maxillfacial dentist tells me it does? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Diane
dflan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote