View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default doubts?

My mother talked to an adult Neurologist who is a cousin and he mentioned that a lot of dr's are putting unknown pain and injury into the catagory of "RSD" and only about 1/2 the cases are real RSD. could it be possible to have something else going on where touching hurts her foot? Noone has wanted to do an MRI, so we never got confirmation about that the original injury.
What is very interesting is that she played outside all day yesterday. She was on her heel, but she played in leaves and put her foot in the 3ft pile of leaves. Yet this morning, it was all about "my foot hurts" i dont want to wear shoes" "I need my crutches". She refuses to give up crutches while in school. That I fully believe is all about "everyone will think I was faking if I dont have crutches". I also think that her pain sometimes is also about that as well. I dont know what to believe any more .... She feels pain; I know a some of is now pyschologically based at this point, as well as real.

The reason for a lot of this doubt, is last night, after she went to sleep, and was in deep sleep (not morning sleep), I manipulated her foot. I even put it under the covers. She did not wake up. I thought RSD is part of the involuntary nervous system. Wouldnt pain have woken her up? When I questioned her, she stated she dreamt that her foot hurt. LAter on , in the night, she did move the foot off the bed again.

Someone else relayed a story about how they tore a ligament and even light touch hurt them. PT was still required, but it again made me question the lack of MRI in this diagnosis.

I read all your stories and feel for all of you. I just want to make sure if my daughter is part of this "club" or not. I feel like a faker myself, if this is not the case. you have all been wonderful and so helpful!
sdlevitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-09-2009), loretta (11-11-2009)