View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Kicker, you said what I always think...I don't want to bother anyone. I know, logically, that the neuro is there to be bothered when these things come up.

But I honestly don't understand what to say when I call...do I say, "My spasms are awful again?" Or "I can't stay awake?" Even though I've had spells of spasms in the past that come and go after several weeks, do I call when they return and make me feel miserable?
I don't understand what he's going to be able to do...I'm taking the meds. I stretch (when I remember to). What is he going to be able to do? He knows I have these sxs off and on. So why should I call him to tell him I have them again?

I just don't understand, I guess. It's not like when you're expecting a baby and you begin to spot...these sxs are a part of my illness. He knows that. So I really, truly don't understand why I should call and tell him.
I guess this is the first time I've had a neuro who wants info. The past 2 didn't seem as "concerned", if that's the right term. Not that they didn't care...they seemed to kind of shrug their shoulders like, "eh".
Thanks again, all, for the info and especially the support. I was really down last night. A good night's sleep and a nice shower this morning makes the world bright again
barb02 (11-09-2009), ewizabeth (11-09-2009), SallyC (11-09-2009)