Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to NeuroTalk Flor!

I'm sorry about your Mom's stroke and that she still suffers from the effects of it.

If you're referring to stem cell treatments, then I don't know that much about it. I have followed some conversations involving MS patients (like myself) who have tried the procedure. They generally go somewhere, like Costa Rica, and pay a lot of money to have something injected into their spine from what I recall.

In my opinion, this is experimental at best, deadly at worst. My MS neuro told me about a patient who returned from China and died after having it done.

They aren't regulated in those countries like we are here, so you really have no idea of what you're getting into, other than other patient accounts.

If it worked, we'd be doing it here, plain and simple. There are very likely trials going on here though, and maybe you could look into that? If your mom could take part in a trial, you might not have to sell your apartment for the treatment.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts, and I wish you the best with your mom's recovery.

You might want to look into the treatment Hockey mentioned as well.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (11-09-2009)