View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dxm?

Hi Everett,
I also make an attempt to self treat, as in my use of LDN. But when we are also taking some powerful Rx drugs, I think we can get into trouble. Without going back to dredge out all my saved stuff, I'm going to try and present some of this things I seem to recall.
1. I believe significant doses of DXM are contraindicated on many PD meds like Sinemet or Mirapex. Also, back in the 90's there was a clinical trial using DXM at a good dose but for some reason nothing came of it.
2. In the Indian paper and their experiments with rats and DXM, the DXM dosages seem very large. So if a rat weighs 1lb (big rat) and they are giving it 15 to 75 mg/kg a day, that would be an equivalent dose of 1100mg for a 160 lb human (1kg=2.2lbs) based on the 15mg dose.
3. I am a hopeful believer in Dr. Hongs work at the NIH concerning low doses of naloxon, LDN, DXM and others. I believe their research shows that overactivated microglia (killer cells) cause neuroinflammation and diseases like PD. One of his points was that while overactivated microglia are bad and can be reduced by opioid blockers like LDN and DXM, it was also risky to cause a total blockade (high dose). A total microglial blockade could lead to other problems like cancer? Dr. Zagon, a pioneer in LDN, also believes in the low dose theory although he differs on how it works.
Don't know if any of this helps or makes sense, but that's it off the top of my head.
Ashley
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (07-24-2010)