View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jana, I feel for your friend. I spent almost 4 hours straight having an EMG done at the Cleveland clinic. The Tech told me that he had been having a problem with the machine all week, and every time the maintenance person came up to check it, for fixing, it'd work fine. So my tech told me he had to restart the test, and this would happen over and over again. Until 4 hours had passed with no real break. By the end, I was in tears. I've had many EMG's and I've learned that it depends on the tech who is doing them, the machine, medications one might be on, and how much of a flair one is in with their Myasthenia. So much plays into it.
The Neurologist out there told me that even if all my tests came back negative, that he still couldn't say with absolute certainty that I didn't have MG. There is always that group of people that nothing showed up on the tests, but they still have MG.
I'm thankful I didn't get any Neuros that gave me a hard time, and I'm glad that it did show up on blood work. What some people have to go through just to get some relief from Myasthenia breaks my heart. I really feel for them.
The one EMG I had ,didn't even show the Permanent Nerve damage I have bi-lateral, pain down both legs at all time. (burning) Which showed up on many other EMG's I had. So even when something is obvious, and permanent, there is that chance that the machine isn't working well, and it's not showing up.
When I have some time on Wed. I'll look all over the internet, and look through my own stuff for info about this subject, as it is very important.
This is a great topic, and so important for us, and the medical comunity to learn.
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote