View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlevitt View Post
We go on Thursday to the children pain Center here in Atlanta. We are seing a Claudia (cant remember her last name) . I am still trying to figure out why I would need to see a rheumatologist, since my pediatrician mentioned one. I would think a child Neuro might be better. We still have PT today.
Based on my experience, sometimes doctors want referral to rheumatologists to rule out rheumatological issues that can present much like RSD/CRPS, and it's really only a matter of drawing a few tubes of blood, from which they can order literally hundreds of tests.

And for what it's worth, I've seen two rheumatologists since this started, and both were more compassionate than 65% of the neurologists I've run across. Just be careful, if you go there, concerning any suggestions of so-called "anti-TNF[alpha]" drugs. A lot of them work very well and may be able to successfully knock out the illness in a fresh (acute) case; you just want to carefully inquire as to whether there are any special warnings assciated with the drugs, including any unusual impact in kids.

Very happy that you are going to the Children's Pain Center this week. Good move!

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-09-2009), loretta (11-11-2009), Sandel (11-12-2009), SandyS (11-09-2009)