View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Shez,
It sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I had surgery on the right temporal lobe back in 1994 to help reduce my absence and complex partial sz. I was doing really good until I got into a car accident and ended up with a bad concussion. My family Dr. put me on neurontin to help with the headaches but it messed me up terribly the neurontin was causing absence status sz. where I would be out of it from 40 min. to 3 hrs. and now I have more brain damage. All of this because the drug co. making the drug was doing off market labeling.
Now I have clonic sz. along with the absence and complex partial and aura (simple partial) sz. and my mood has gotten a lot worse but I think that's because my family wants nothing to do with me anymore do to my sz.
If I may ask do you have problems sleeping at all like sleep apnea? This could be what's causing the aura and deja vu sz. The next time you start to have either of these sz. tighten up the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists by doing this you can stop the sz. I've been doing this since the 1970' s and it works great. Another thing you can do is start taking your temperature 4 times a day when you first wake up, around 12 pm, 3 or 4 pm and before you go to bed also take your temp each time after a sz. be sure to write down what time you took your temp. and what your reading was. Then write down what time it is when you yawn it has been proven that yawning helps cool the brain. this past weekend I had 4 sz. and my temp was a little higher than normal and I didn't yawn once. This is all part of a medical trial I'm in and we hope to get it passed by the FDA to approve a microchip to help cool the brain down and stop sz. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote