View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowguy View Post
To everyone who suffers with this horrible and debilitating disease, sometimes the most simple pleasures we have available to us can relieve or even lessen the pain and suffering we go through. One of these pleasures I have found to work for me is a plate or bowl of comfort food and your favorite music listened in a soft tone. Any music that soothes the soul is better then listening to nothing except our own misery that comes about with each agonizing pulse. For me..Listening to Pink Floyd brings comfort and helps to melt the icy grip that blankets my mood. Your mood can reflect the amount of self pity and can be corrected by ones own simple act of pleasing yourself. Have a pain free day/night. Keep safe all.

Hmmm....
Ones own simple act of pleasing yourself.... uh, OK!

Here's some suggestions for ya MG!

I recently Re-Discovered what you speak of!

My first (teenage-dating myself), musical heroes were two bands.
Three Dog Night, and Chicago.
I recently was befriended by Chuck Negron, the main singer from TDN, on Facebook, and, Danny Seraphine, from Chicago. (whom, I just saw recently, at a renovated theatre, playing better Chicago music than Ever, as CTA, (California Transit Authority).
All of these, TDN, Chuck Negron, and CTA, are available on iTunes, or Amazon, wherever you shop for music. I HIGHLY suggest them! As are everyone I mention here!

When these bands were (done), in the early/mid 70's, I moved quickly to Faces (Rod Stewart), then to Southern Rock.
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Outlaws, CDB, MTB, ABB. etc..(Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers). I became close friends with Hughie Thomasson, who wrote "Green Grass & High Tides" (Outlaws) Hughie, RIP, and he was in Skynyrd for a decade. I've been backstage with all of them, from the Allman Brothers, to my own band.

Playing music is a REAL release!

Now that I'm stuck in an apartment, (I used to play in front of more than a thousand folks, not huge, but, enjoyable). Nothing, could take my pain away more! NOTHING.
I have a BB Les Paul, and a Mesa/Boogie Amp, with an extension cab, and, man, we rocked! I used to "stare" at guitar players, and, to be "stared at", by the crowd, is such an inspiration, you absolutely must deliver!

I used to tape the bands that I "sat in with", spend a week, learning what they needed, or, were missing, and filled in like that, intelligently. Which, made me always welcomed.
Of course, that's not to say I didn't have some embarrassing moments..... Hah!
But, that's part of the fun.

Yes, I agree, MG. MUSIC is my favorite release!
Do you play?
Does anyone here, play?
Anything?

Hey, I'm a polish boy, so naturally, I started on the Accordion! Got that with my bottle and blanket!

Oh well.
I hope we have more musical members here.

Tell us what you play.
If not, tell us what you listen to!?

(I started with the Beatles, and listen to Frank Sinatra) Good Music, is good music. I also have a thing for NOLA music! too! (New Orleans).

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (11-14-2009), Hockey (11-09-2009), ouchymama (11-11-2009), SandyS (11-09-2009)