View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Welcome Josh!

There are a heap of folks here who have experienced and are experiencing what you are going through! It can be totally scary, no doubt about it.
First off? I suggest that you read a lot of prior posts, I'm sure you will find situations or circumstances you can relate to.
Secondly? Take a good look at the 'Stickies' at the top of the forum.... They are called 'stickies' because they are KEEPERS. Some reference sites are gone? But try clicking on any web site hilited in BLUE and it'll turn on a new screen [IF it's available]. The same goes for any posts in threads....click on the blue and you should get some new info to help you understand what is going on...how this stuff is diagnosed, and how it can be treated.
It sounds like your doc is trying....the meds he/she's prescribed are normal for starters, as are the doses.
As for the PAIN? Each of us is different, and many have strong or specific opinions about it all. Only YOU can assess and determine whether what you are on is working. You likely have other medical issues as well, most of us do? And, we get 'new' issues as time goes on. It's an adventure? DUH?
Do take a good look at ALL the medications you are on by webbing up the 'prescribing information' for each one. Then see where you mite be best not taking one w/another? Mrs D, both here and in the 'medications forum' is a super resource about these things ...but you'd best do your homework first!
Yes!!!! This all hurts!!! A lot. Pain meds such as neurontin and others can help to a degree? But, I've found they only skim the top of it all. Most meds that cut more than 20% of my pain also make my brain foggy! It is a trade off you have to consider and key to that is getting a good diagnosis! Learn as much as you can from here...which will lead you to other sources, and then go ASK your Neuro some solidly fact-based questions. Don't be afraid to ask about any numbness/burning progressions and not just about how it HURTS? But about how it's affecting your life and ability to get around! There are times when you shouldn't be hesitant to hold back about how this affects your life! I truly wish you a lot of good luck and hope that things improve and soon! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote