View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Thanks Laura. Be sure your meds don't conflict (no MAOIs, SSRIs, etc

I will suggest a way to begin based on what I've done so far. I would start with a quarter teaspoon in the morning with my first meds and take another quarter with each round afer that. When and if I reached the point of thinking "Hm, there might be something to this stuff..." I would stop for the day. Even so, one might still go into Off if the lagging dose is enough to push one over the hump into serotonin phase, so don't be discouraged if it happens. Now you have a better idea how to start tomorrow. Whatever the total taken the first day, I would start the second with half of it and see how my morning went.

In theory-
If you are a normal metabolzer, most DXM will clear out by the six hour mark and you will be back to baseline by evening. If you are a little slow then the DXM and its benefit will linger a little. If you are really slow and repeat the dose the next day, somewhere along the lne you will go off and it will be really off for a while. I had two hours when I couldn't stand up. It was a little scary because I hadn't figured this out at the time.

Good luck.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (11-13-2009)