View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Hello, Josh. Welcome to our PN forum.

Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? How old are you?
Occupation. What drugs have you used recently?
What tests have you had? Did you have B12 and Vit D tested yet?
What was the numerical result of the B12?

Do you have any involvement in the hands yet?

Dealing with PN is like being a detective. One needs patience and keeping an open mind. Doctors vary in their abilities to do this, and financially, it can be draining depending on your insurance.
Thank you SO much for all the help, I've been dealing with the pain for quite some time and it's gradually gotten worse.

I'm only 21, I work in a Health and Fitness Center at the service/billing desk, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't use any recreational drugs, I do take my medicine, Neurontin, Ultram and Ativan. I've had both tested, I know the B12 was 1,000 or so, and the Vit D was normal. I've had ANA, CBC, TSH, RA Factor, IFE Protein Test (?) and a few others I can't think of, I've had an Evoked Response (SSEP), Brain MRI, Cervical MRI, Lumbar Xray which were all normal

My hands occasionally burn, not like the feet. The electrical pains I do have in the hands and arms, I do drop stuff A LOT! I'm seeing a Neurosurgeon, not because of the spinal column, but because he also deal with Neuro. patients with other complications and he seemed like a good idea.

Now with the EMG/NCV it showed NO response on the "Medial Plantar Sensory Nerves" on the bottom of my feet, the doctor said those indicated Small Fiber, if those had no response is it because they're "dead" and is that a pointer to SFN? This is all just so confusing.
JoshuaY46012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote