View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
Does anyone in your family show symptoms similar to you? Have you ever had DNA blood testing for Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT)? They can now test for 22 + types of it. And even if you do not test positive, it does not mean that you do not have it.

CMT symptoms vary greatly even within the same family. Symptoms can become evident when you are young, old, or in-between or they may never be that evident.

athenadiagnostics has a program to help with the cost of testing, which is expensive if you have to test for all the types they can test for. Your insurance might cover some of it as well. Hope you find some answers.

No, no family history what so ever! When you have an EMG what shows up? What does your reports suggest? I understand that you said it's different in everyone, do you have to have foot drop?

I'm pretty sure I have absent reflexes in my hands as well. So far it's idiopathic, he said we must look at rare occurrences. How is your CMT handled and treated? How did they find it in your case?

I have not had any immunizations other than a flu shot in 4 years. The flu shot I got after all this has been discovered as well.
JoshuaY46012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote