View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Billye:

Good to hear you drove, bought sox, etc.

Hope you continue to improve. One step at a time. You've had a very rough road and it was so nice that you shared your progress with us.

Glad the whey shakes are doing you good.

Oh by the way, I found a new way to get vegetables into Alan. Also very cost effective. This man is eating me out of house and home and his snacks are disgusting. He loves Shredded Wheat and Fiber One cereal. One box of Fiber one cost $4.69 and he loves this. I think he's lost his mind.

So I got him to stop eating cereal at night and eat some fruit instead so that's one good thing. But here is what I do to save money on my veggies and he LOVES THEM.

I take a half zucchini, half a carrot and half an apple, I shred them with the shredder of my new V-Slicer. Then I put a little egg beaters in the mix, and a dash of unsalted bread crumbs (as a binder, I guess).

Well, I made a batch, formed nice round patties, and sprayed some pam in the bottom of a frying pan. I add maybe one table spoon of Extra virgin olive oil to the whole pan so that's not a lot, for all these patties.

Now I put the patties in the hot frying pan and let them brown and sizzle. Now the secret why he's crazy about them is the honey. Just a drop on each pattie. (I don't eat this by the way, I can't stand anything sweet). And he can't have that stupid pancake syrup any more), so these patties have no sodium, a dash of honey and all the veggies and whatever calcium is in the small amount of egg beaters. I guess I could use egg whites but this is what I have in my fridge.

You should have seen him the first time I gave this to him. The honey makes glaze on the top of the patty and as it browns it combines the tastes of the apples and the carrots and he WENT NUTS!!!

His exact words "this is the most delicous thing you ever gave me, what is it". I just said "oh, it's a fritter". So at night, he gets his veggies, his protein and his baked potato. He is maintaining his weight, he is off the lyrica with no problems (so far). and on the 22 of Jan, we go to Methodist to get further consult with Dr. Goldfarb, about the cause of his PN. SHe had said that if all the test came back negative and she thinks it's his back, she knows a good back guy. So we shall see.
Alan just wants to know WHY he has this PN.

We probably never will but I believe he's doing the best he can be doing (going to the gym, maintaining the weight loss, so that's a good thing.

So I'm so happy you are doing good.

Love, Melody

P.S. Try making the veggie fritters. You'll love em

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote