View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sleep Tos8...I sleep and sleep and rest and I try never to miss my meds.

If you're not happy with your GP ask to be sent to a physician, or a neuro. A physician has access to neuros and with one phone call can relay your symptoms and get advice on how to medicate you properly.

Make sure you are not taking any over the counter meds because they will interfere, as will antibiotics etc (feel like I've said this before but I don't remember where).

It's always harder at the beginning because you are facing an unknown enemy. Once you get into a "relationship" with your symptoms you will find that only the unusual symptoms (new ones) will throw you. Then you can come here and ask for support with that, as I did with the new cp seizures I'm having. But I'm used to them now so they only drive me nuts, they don't scare me any more.

You're not alone Tos8, take things one step at a time, and work on what you can each day. By overly stressing about it you can bring on more sz's, and that is something you just don't want or need.

Get yourself a little booklet like "living with epilepsy" carry it with you, read it get to understand it all. And educate your friends about it. You don't have to put them through a workshop, but you can say "Hey I have epilespy now and I have cp & other types of sz's". Explain each type you have so that they know what to do to help you to stay safe and ok. It's all about education, for ourselves and those around us. When people know and understand they are much less afraid of something, and can react with confidence instead of fear,

Keep us psoted on what your Dr does...you could insist on more than one med, but with some Dr's thats no use, so you may need an advocate or another Dr,

((((hugs))))
Rhiannon

Last edited by RhiannonsMoon; 11-10-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: more typos
RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote