View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Need advice on dating

I log on to Neuro Talk whenever I need something...thank goodness for this forum!! After reading some recent topics, my question seems quite frivolous...but I'll ask it anyway.
I have been divorced since 1996, retired in 2000, and diagnosed with PD in 2005, at age 61 (although the symptoms began a year earlier). I have a good life...comfortable (small) house, financially stable, supportive family and friends, and my symptoms are fairly well controlled. I have been very content up until now but recently I have been wondering what it would be like to be in a relationship again...or even if it is possible.
Last week I experimented with a (reputable) online matching service and have been exchanging emails with someone who responded to my posting. I am extending my comfort zone here...afraid yet curious. If this correspondence leads to a meeting/dating, when should I tell him about the Parkinson's? In a past thread, someone suggested the second date, but I would really appreciate hearing from other members.
Thanks for reading my question!
Kassie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote