View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Laureen,

My dizziness has gotten better since Friday. I didn't feel well yesterday for other reasons, lots of indigestion mainly and very tired, today is somewhat better. Last night I had a small twinge in my mouth that made a small area around my lower left wisdom tooth sting. But again, it was mild and wasn't where the TN was bothering me these last few years.

Tomorrow is 5 weeks since the surgery and I saw my surgeon today. He says I can shower and shampoo without covering the incision now, and I can drive when I'm not feeling dizzy. Progress! I wasn't driving for quite awhile before the surgery due to the meds, by my own choice, so now I'm back to being able to decide for myself if I can.

I have a new symptom - pounding in my left ear. It seems to come and go, so now I have to try to figure out when I get it. I'm wondering if coffee brings it on. I'm not too worried about it.

I plan to go off Topamax on Thursday. I considered asking if I should wait and decrease Tegretol for a week or two instead, but if I'm going to have any more trouble with extra dizziness, I want to have it now, rather than during the holiday season. I've tapered off Tegretol before without problems. I'll get back to cutting that next week.

I hope you continue to do well with the lower Neurontin dose. Do you notice you feel better as the medications are lowered?