View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just wanted to comment on a couple of things. During an MG conference, the experts said that one of the reasons doctors are so hesitant about giving an MG diagnosis with out any black & white results, is because the meds that are prescribed are very serious, and can be life threatening. So they don't want to put someone on, say prednisone which can be very difficult to get off, or wean down. And some people end up having to be on it for the rest of their life because their adrenals don't want to wake back up. Kidney damage from some of the immuno suppresants can cause kidney damage. And once that happens, the kidneys don't re-heal themselves. It's permanant. IVIG can damage the kidneys. There are just so many health problems that can be created from some of these meds.
Call your neuro, and ask them if they would like you to wear yourself out, so they can test during a weaken state. My neuros always wanted to test me during the weak periods, and even put me through the mill before the Tensilon test. So give a call, and ask them. They'll be able to help you.
If you are in a weakened state, and have the emg, chances are it will show up easier than when you're well rested.
Best of wishes
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (11-11-2009)